Hey folks, over at Bumpershine we’re big fans of music and photography and that’s why we couldn’t be more stoked to be giving away a brand new Diana F+ Edelweis from Lomography and a copy of the just released White Stripes DVD Under Great White Northern Lights. Honestly, I think this is my best giveaway ever.
What is the Diana F+ Edelweiss you ask? Well, it’s a square shot medium format camera dripping with dreaminess, leaking with light leaks, and oozing with an overall lo-fi character. The brand new all white limited edition Diana F+ Edelweiss is a faithful reproduction and a loving homage to the classic 60’s Diana – with a few new features tossed in. Check out some more detailed specs on the Diana F+ Edelweiss below:
• Two shutter speeds – “N” for normal daytime or “B” for unlimited indoor and nighttime exposures.
• Two image sizes available -12 full-frame shots (5.2×5.2cm) or 16 smaller square images – (4.2×4.2cm)
• Compatible with Diana+ Flash
• Multiple and Partial Exposures
• Removable lens for Pinhole Function
• Zone Focus
As they like to say in the infomercials, but wait, there’s more… The second half of this giveaway is a DVD copy of Under Great White Northern Lights, the brand new documentary feature from the White Stripes which is a tour diary of their awe-inspiring 2007 cross Canada tour.
Having first premiered at the Toronto Film Festival in September 2009, The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights documents the band playing to crowds in towns of all sizes across the Great White North – from traditional venues to matinee gigs at unusual locations such as a bowling alley, a boat and even on a city bus – culminating in a momentous 10th Anniversary show at the historic Savoy Theatre in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia. A captivating mix of striking live footage and poignant off-stage moments, this visually stirring and emotive feature length film celebrates the band’s 10 year history, bringing the band full circle in their career to a place reminiscent of how they first started out; shows where no one knew who they were, and where they were left to make a first impression with their music.
For those White Stripes completists out there, the new DVD is also available in a limited edition box-set (which I’m NOT giving away here):
• DVD of the documentary film The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights, directed by Emmett Malloy (92 minutes)
• DVD of the band’s 10th Anniversary show, The White Stripes Under Nova Scotian Lights, directed by Emmett Malloy (135 minutes)
• The first-ever official live album from The White Stripes, featuring 16 songs recorded at various shows during their 2007 Canadian tour on both vinyl and CD. The double LP comes pressed on 180 gram black vinyl packaged in a gatefold jacket with a 6 panel insert unique to the box set. The CD accompanies the film and Anniversary show DVDs in a special 7″ square 3 panel folder along with a 24 page bound booklet and slipcase.
• 7 inch vinyl featuring Icky Thump (Live) and The Wheels On The Bus (Live). Two versions available with different artwork and color of vinyl depending on your country of residence.
• 208 page hard cover book containing photographs of the Canadian tour shot by Autumn de Wilde with a foreword by Jim Jarmusch.
• 1 of 6 different silk-screened prints designed by Rob Jones.
For your chance to win, fill out the contest entry form after the jump. Contest ends March 31, 2010 at 11:59 PM EDT, 1 entry per household (multiple entries will be disqualified), US residents only please.
PS Third Man Records is putting up a pop-up store at SXSW at Frank! (407 Colarado St). In my experience, where there’s a pop-up store, there’s usually a surprise White Stripes/Raconteurs/Dead Weather show to go along with it.