New Jersey’s The Feelies are coming out of hibernation again to play shows at this year’s ATP NY Festival and at Southpaw on September 13 (Buy Tickets). The Southpaw website indicates that The Feelies show is two sets, so I’m going to assume that they’ll be performing their albums Crazy Rhythms and the The Good Earth in their entirety. In other Feelies news, both Crazy Rhythms and The Good Earth are being reissued by Bar None on CD and 180 gram vinyl with deluxe packaging and bonus tracks on September 8, 2009.
Check out the full press release for the reissues after the jump.
The Feelies 2009 Tour Dates
09/11/09 All Tomorrow’s Parties Festival performing Crazy Rhythms Monticello, NY
09/12/09 Bearsville Theatre Bearsville, NY
09/13/09 Southpaw Brooklyn, NY
Crazy Rhythms CD/LP reissue track listing:
1. The Boy With The Perpetual Nervousness
2. Fa cé-La
3. Loveless Love
4. Forces At Work
5. Original Love
6. Everybody’s Got Something To Hide (Except Me And My Monkey)
7. Moscow Nights
8. Raised Eyebrows
9. Crazy Rhythms
*** NOTE: Their cover of “Paint It Black” was left off the reissue as per the band’s request. A&M added it without the band’s permission and it was a recording from the late 80s with a different line-up than what was the “Crazy Rhythms” line-up.
Crazy Rhythms bonus tracks:
1. Fa cé-La [single version] – originally released as a 7″ on Rough Trade.
2. The Boy With The Perpetual Nervousness [Carla Bley demo version]
3. Moscow Nights [Carla Bley demo version]
4. Crazy Rhythms [Live] – From the 9:30 Club (Washington D.C.),
recorded March 14, 2009.
5. I Wanna Sleep In Your Arms [Live] – From the 9:30 Club (Washington
D.C.), recorded March 14, 2009. Modern Lovers cover.
The Good Earth CD/LP reissue track listing:
1. On The Roof
2. The High Road
3. The Last Roundup
4. Slipping (Into Something)
5. When Company Comes
6. Let’s Go
7. Two Rooms
8. The Good Earth
9. Tomorrow Today
10. Slow Down
The Good Earth bonus tracks.
1. She Said, She Said – originally on the “No One Knows” vinyl EP on Coyote Records through Twin/Tone Records (US). Beatles cover.
2. Sedan Delivery – originally on the “No One Knows” vinyl EP on Coyote Records through Twin/Tone Records (US). Neil Young cover.
3. Slipping (Into Something) [Live] – From the 9:30 Club (Washington D.C.), recorded March 14, 2009.
Download cards will be included in each respective CD & LP reissue. The full album + bonus tracks will be included on each. Domino will be the hosting site for the downloads as they have the rights to the albums outside the U.S. & Canada.
Bar/None’s LP reissues were mastered by Andy VanDette at Masterdisk in NYC
Pressings will be handled by Rainbo Records and will be 180 gram
Original tapes were unfortunately not found. Andreas Meyer from Tangerine Mastering used digital files for both.
Tapes obtained from the band were used for the Fa cé-La [single version], The Boy With The Perpetual Nervousness [Carla Bley demo version] and Moscow Nights [Carla Bley demo version]. The live tracks were recorded by their live sound engineer Andy Peters.
Insound will be exclusively carrying a limited edition 7″ reissue of the original “Fa cé-La” single.
Fa cé-La (single version)
Raised Eyebrows (album version)